This Monday I have to hand in a chapter of my dissertation. My dissertation is going to have 2 chapters, so to hand one of them in is to essentially hand in about 35-40% of the actual thing.
It’s on novels of 1920s America and how they represented women’s sexuality. This first chapter is going to be on the Lost Generation.
Since May I’ve been collating pages and pages and pages and pages of notes, and this week I’ve had to do something constructive with them! I made a bit of a plan, and I made a document with appropriate quotes for each chapter that came to about 1800 words on its own.
I’ve made paragraphs on regionality, class, age, the British Enlightenment, consumerism, etc., and have got to 3500 words so far but still have a long way to go. I think the last couple of weeks will be spent just deleting words!
I’m going back to the library now and will hopefully finish the chapter tonight. Fingers crossed! In a couple of weeks I’ll out what my supervisor said about it and how I can improve. Hoping for some good feedback!