History Ball

So after dissertations were submitted we had two days until the History Ball.

On Wednesday Big Band played at the Sports Awards, and as it was our last real performance (and my last performance with them ever) it got a little bit emotional. The Big Band were brilliant and everyone, sportsmen and musicians alike, enjoyed themselves. The President of Concert Band and myself accidentally had a few drinks to celebrate and stumbled home afterwards, trombone in hand.

The next day was the History Ball. It was also the day of my last ever class at University. It was a seminar on The Boy in the Striped Pajamas and the Holocaust in education. It was a bit anticlimactic, actually. My tutor, who had just had a knee operation, ended the class with ‘Right, I’m going to get back to my ice packs.’ Despite the anticlimax and the torrential downpour, we nevertheless all wandered home with smiles on our faces and paint on our nails ready to prepare.

Luckily, the rain stopped and we all had a lovely evening. Upon arrival, we had a glass of champers and listened to a jazz group, watched a magician and were in awe at how lovely everyone looked. It was a masquerade ball so sometimes you had to look twice to make sure you did actually know who you were talking to!

I got sat on a table full of third year friends and after a three course meal, a lot of photos and a raffle, the disco started. Me and my friends danced all night and had a lovely time. We ended the night with a quick McDonald’s and putting one of my friends (who had enjoyed the wine a little too much) to bed. All in all, it was a very nice evening.

Claire

About Claire

Claire has now graduated from the University of Leicester.

View more posts by Claire

Subscribe to Claire's posts