Graduation!

So on Wednesday 16th July I graduated from the University of Leicester with a 2:1 in BA History.

Here’s what happened during the day:

6am – wake up, shower, make-up, hair, dress, shoes, check camera and phone batteries are charged, and then…

7am – get in the car with mum, dad and brother, leave, find out friends’ estimated arrival times and wait in anticipation until…

9am – arrive in Leicester! Leap out of the car and head to Queens Hall through the ‘Graduand Entrance’ to get cap and gown, walk out and have mum spend a while pinning me into my clothes for the day, head to the o2 and have my official photographs taken – one on my own and one with my family – and a few more outside the Fielding Johnson building with my family, and then…

10.15am – meet my fellow graduands and head towards De Montfort Hall, stand in an abnormally long queue and register ready for…

11am – ceremony begins, officials walk to the stage and we begin singing the nation anthem, wait patiently until my turn, walk up to the stage and wait for my name to be called out, shake the chancellor’s hand and walk back to my seat, cheer for my friends and the ceremony ends, we take our degree certificates and my fellow GRADUATES and I leave the hall for…

1pm – photos, lots and lots of photos – some in small groups, some in large groups, some smiling, some throwing out mortar boards in the air, some dropping our mortar boards, and then we headed to the marquee on campus…

2pm – snacks and chatting with fellow graduates and, you guessed it, more photos! Smiling, laughing, chatting, joking, reminiscing until finally…

3.30pm – taking off my cap and gown (a sad affair but also a relief – it was a hot day!) and some goodbyes, and we set off back home but not before…

5pm – stopping off for a family graduation meal and heading back home…

As a fulling fledged GRADUATE OF THE UNIVERSITY OF LEICESTER.

Claire

About Claire

Claire has now graduated from the University of Leicester.

View more posts by Claire

Subscribe to Claire's posts