FA Cup Final 2015

I’d like to share a really special moment with you. Yesterday, I watched my first love, Arsenal FC, lift the FA Cup trophy for the second time in two years and the twelfth time in their history.

For those of you that have no interest in football, first of all, I apologise for this blog post!! Secondly, one thing I hope that you can take from this is that if you’re really passionate about something you can continue doing it through university. I have been to 26 Arsenal matches this season – and they’re not cheapest! – on a student budget, made possible only be careful planning and budgeting.

Here are some photos from one of the best weekends of my life.

Here's my view of Wembley Stadium!

My view of Wembley Stadium.

Had to sit in the upper tier to keep the costs for the day down, but the view was still pretty good! Didn’t miss a thing and got to see one of Arsenal’s best performances all season.

Cheeky pre-match selfie.

Cheeky pre-match selfie.

A key part of football is the people who you spend it with and I’m really lucky to have made some amazing friends following Arsenal. Particularly my lovely boyfriend!

22127_10153906624423452_8070072895916016572_n

Full time: Arsenal 4 – 0 Aston Villa

In the end it was a resounding victory and an incredible day doing what I love – following the Arsenal anywhere and everywhere.

I would urge everyone to find a way to do what you love as much as you can. If I could only afford to go to one game a season, then it would be the day I looked forward to the most. I’m lucky enough to be able to do much more than that and I am thankful that I am able to have such a great balance between work and play.

Shannon N

About Shannon N

Hi, I'm Shannon and I'm in my final year of a History degree. In my spare time, I travel the country (and sometimes Europe!) to watch Arsenal play. I'll be blogging about both the academic and social sides of Leicester life and will hopefully show that balancing both is possible!

View more posts by Shannon N

Subscribe to Shannon N's posts