So third year has turned out to be as stressful as everybody says it is. Don’t get me wrong – I’m still having a fantastic time, but I am having to constantly make sure that I stay on top of things. So I’ve decided to treat myself to a mini break. And no, this is not a spontaneous trip to Paris. I’ve done a student version, and am currently writing this in a Pret outside Victoria Station in London. Enjoy my tips for a cheap long weekend away to clear the head.
- Find a city with a couple of events you want to go to. Try finding free ones – there are usually more than you’d think
- Find a friend. Either take one with you or go to somewhere someone you know lives.
- Get on a coach. Either a megabus or a national express one – both are cheap. I only spent £6 getting here
- Sort out somewhere to stay. This is where the going somewhere you know people comes in handy. Remember when I said keep in touch with your college friends? Although the fact they now live all around the country is a bit sad, it does mean that if you ever want to visit any of those places you can just crash at theirs
- Enjoy the change of scenery
Sometimes being in a new city or exploring somewhere you’ve never even heard of is all it takes to reset your head. I can feel it working for me already.