Recommended reading for module 4 and the dissertation

Hello everyone,

I want to share with you a few books that I have found of real value for the module 4 assignment and the dissertation:

Bell, J.(2010) ‘Doing Your Research Project: A Guide for First-Time researchers in education, health and social sciences’, Maidenhead, England. Open University Press (5th edition)

Bryman, A. (2008) ‘Social Research Methods’ Oxford, England. Oxford University Press (3rd edition)

Horn, R. (2010) ‘Researching and Writing Dissertations – A Complete Guide for Business and Management Students’ CIPD: London

Hutchinson, H. (2007) ‘Teach Yourself – Writing Essays and Dissertations’, London, England. The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc

Best wishes,

Sue

Sue

About Sue

Sue has now graduated from the University of Leicester. I'm Sue, a British expat living in Oslo, Norway. I have over 20 years’ experience in Human Resources (HR) and have recently, successfully completed studying the MSc International Human Resources (HR) and Globalisation course by distance learning with the University of Leicester. Sue has now graduated from the University of Leicester.

View more posts by Sue

Subscribe to Sue's posts

11 responses to “Recommended reading for module 4 and the dissertation”

1. Clair Mcmakin

Great post at Recommended reading for module 4 and the dissertation. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed! Very helpful info particularly the last part 🙂 I care for such info a lot. I was seeking this particular info for a long time. Thank you and good luck.

2. Cole(South Africa)

Hi Sue,
    Good to see you again……met you for the first time at Leicester last Nov 2011.
    I’ve also had a very good experience at Leicester and I’ve just started on module 4.I must say your recommendations came at the right time.I’m still battling with finding the topic but i know these books will come in handy.
    All the best for you,
    Cole

3. Irene

Thanks so much Sue. Your post and the recommended books are quite timely. I was currently battling with identifying reference points for my module 4 assignment. It’s been an experience with Leicester and I am hopeful we will all excel.

God bless.

4. Augusta Christopoulou Mesaritis

I have just started with the University of Leicester in February 2012 and I am from Cyprus. I already find it a very stimulating experience, and adequate help in what any clarifications that I need.

These books seem very usefull and helpfull and I am sure that I am going to need them. Distant learning with Leicester University, even if it is still early started making me see working life with a different perspective. I could pursue a better place in the workforce of my country.

5. adelaide kretchy

i also agree with Sue. My long distance learning with Leicester has been a very good one. i feel more confident and hopeful in my career path.