Festival of Careers 2013

Admittedly, I am in awe that this month has passed so quickly. It is simply shocking and quite frightening that my second year studying Law at the University of Leicester already seems to be zooming away.

Time has definitely been flying, especially considering that the Festival of Careers 2013 is fast approaching (commencing next week). This means that I have been frantically attempting to prepare myself for this imperative event.

Guessing that the majority of my readers may now be wondering what on earth I am talking about. Well … the Festival of Careers is an annual event – usually lasting four days – that is organized by the University of Leicester to provide students the brilliant opportunity to meet employers, who potentially recruit University of Leicester students when they graduate.

In other words, this event grants students the opportunity to get a clearer view of the various internships, work placements, volunteering experiences and graduate careers that are on offer. The fact that you will be able to meet and talk to an array of employers from various sectors about what skills and experience they are looking for is, in my opinion, invaluable as you gain more awareness of the things you need to be doing whilst you are still at University.

This year, the Festival of Careers is split into four themed days to help students even more meet the right employers for you.

1. Law and the Legal Sector
  2. Business, Finance and Retail
  3. Engineering, Science and IT
  4. Volunteering, Government and Public sector

Something about the University of Leicester that I really do like is the fact that they not only make the time you spend at University a brilliant one, but also take an active involvement in making sure that students are aware and prepared for the next step in their lives when they graduate.

The Law Fair especially is something that every law student should take an active involvement in. As I have mentioned previously, networking can be a fantastic asset to those interested in an array of careers within the legal sector. I am looking forward to meeting many of the employers that will be there so that I can find out more about the jobs they have on offer. Above all, to be able to find out what employers look for in applications from new graduates will be very useful in the future.

Here is the link to The University of Leicester’s Festival of Careers 2013 website, if anyone is interested in having a look: http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/careers-new/Festival2013

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to write a comment below!

Stay prepared you law students!

Zara

About Zara

Zara has now graduated from the University of Leicester. Hi! I’m Zara and I’m a commuting final year Law student. I am here to tell you all I can about what its like to study Law here at the University of Leicester. Also, I hope to show you that you can still manage, balance and enjoy University life, even if you are staying at home. I have an absolute passion for human rights, international law and all things Beyoncé! When I’m not listening to her (or studying of course), I enjoy getting involved in fundraising for various charities and making plans to travel the world. What about you?

View more posts by Zara

Subscribe to Zara's posts

4 responses to “Festival of Careers 2013”

1. Financial Advice

Hi there, You have done an incredible job. I will definitely digg it and personally recommend to my friends.
    I am confident they’ll be benefited from this web site.

2. Brian

Just curious – how far do you travel in each day to Leicester? Are you commuting to save money?