I thought I’d share with you some of my favourite places to eat, drink, shop and visit in Leicester!
- Madisons – a great café really close to Uni on London Road. They sell amazing shakes and the best Mississippi Mud Pie.
- Bombay Bites – my favourite Indian restaurant. The food is fantastic and it’s such great value! You can find these restaurants on Braunstone Gate, Belvoir Street and Evington Road.
- Leicester Market – really good value fresh fruit, veg, meat and fish in Leicester town centre.
- Marquis Wellington – classy, quirky and comfy pub with a good real ale collection and nice food.
- Firebug – my favourite place to go for fish finger sandwiches between lectures and cocktails on a Friday night.
- Victoria Park – a huge park just behind the Uni campus. The perfect place for a picnic.
- Castle Gardens – a smaller but beautiful park with lots of pretty flowers and nice places to sit, read and relax by the River Soar.
- Lou Lou’s Vintage Fair – Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel – a travelling fair visiting Leicester on the 4th
- Highcross Shopping Centre – all the major high street shops in one location.
- Rockaboom – if you’re a music lover this is the place for you. Sells new and second hand CD’s and vinyls. Located in Malcolm Arcade.
- King Richard III – as a Leicester student it’s basically our duty to visit ole Richard’s final resting place at Leicester Cathedral.
- New Walk Museum and Art Gallery – beautiful artwork some of which by local painters and an exhibition that changes every so often. A nice place to visit on a lazy Sunday.
- Curve Theatre – currently showing Hairspray the musical, definitely worth a look!
- Dave’s Leicester Comedy Festival – a wide variety of comedy acts and performances, most of which are student purse friendly.
I’d love to hear from you which places in Leicester are your favourites!