The US Election

This week, I decided to do something a little different for the US election – I decided to vlog about it.

This is one of the most historic days that I have been alive for. I cannot believe Donald Trump is the POTUS. Really, I don’t want to believe it, but here it is. He won fair and square and there is nothing we can do about it.

I could go on and on about Trump, but the fact is, he is the President of the United States of America. Personally, I’m a fan of the Clintons despite their scandals, and other people are fans of Trump despite his scandals.

Democrats and Republicans could circle around each other and point out everything they disagree on, but it would never end. We can only accept what has happened; we can’t move forward looking backwards and we can’t give up hope.

Lucie

About Lucie

Hello! My name is Lucie and I’m a final year Law student. I’m from Canada, so the goal is to give you some insight on what it’s like to live and study in Leicester from an international perspective. Alongside my studies, I am an Equality and Diversity Champion for the uni, and I do yoga regularly.

View more posts by Lucie

Subscribe to Lucie's posts

2 responses to “The US Election”

1. Emily T

Lucie:

I wasn’t ready to watch your vlog until now. (To be honest, I wasn’t ready to hear the news that morning after. To be even more honest, I’m still not ready to believe the news.) Now that I have, I see just how surreal it can be for others, too, and find a bit of comfort in that.

You post brought up a good point: democracy is not enough; an educated democracy is what we need. On a lower level: we are not entitled to our opinion; we are entitled to our informed opinion.

I’m going to take your advice: we’ve got to accept and move on. I’m also going to take Scarlett’s advice: we’ve got to get inspired.

(Not that your light never shone through your written posts, but it was great to see it in this video post!)