Many of my friends and colleagues ask me why I chose a distance learning programme. Since I always wanted to gain an MBA and given the chance now that circumstances allow, I was faced with two choices: a regular part-time MBA and a distance-learning one. I chose the distance learning option for a variety of reasons, including:
- You are in no way bound by schedules, classes and meetings (of course you can have these too, if you want to).
- In case you change working hours, have extra work load or even change the country you live in (!), you can adjust your studies schedules.
Why Leicester? Well, after exhaustingly investigating options in my country and the UK for part-time and distance learning programmes I chose Leicester because:
- It is a university with a very (very!) good reputation (check the internet; you will be amazed!).
- Its academic programmes enjoy high rankings.
- The syllabus was accredited by the Association of MBAs and covered the areas you would expect.
- Fees were logical providing an outstanding value for money.
Is everything made of heaven? Of course not. My programme is difficult (more than I expected) but at the end of the day you will not consider this to be a bad thing. As we shall be going through my Leicested DL MBA experience you will get an understanding that as tough as the programme may be, the rewards are huge: there is a great depth of knowledge to discover and, I have to admit, as experienced as I am I have come to see many things through a new light.
Welcome to my blog!