Oh Hello There…It’s Been A While…

Hi there! I’m sorry it has been a while since my last post. That’s the thing with life at uni, sometimes you have all the time in the world, other times there are not enough hours in the day! As I’m sure you can tell, the last couple of weeks have been hectic!

Since my last post, I have:

• Completed and submitted all of my assignments (and got the grades back, all very good! :D)
  • Revised for and completed my only exam this semester
  • Decided on my final year options (eep!)
  • Completed the majority of the handover for the Kayaking Club (to myself as I am remaining as Club Captain for the next year)
  • And finally, perhaps most importantly, I have been preparing for the CIMA Global Business Challenge UK Final!

You read that correctly, the UK Final of CIMA’s (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) Global Business Challenge. Myself and three others will represent the University of Leicester in London against three other teams, beating 52 other teams to get this far.

This is one thing I love about uni life, you personalise it with your own extra curricular bits and pieces. Want to help run a student society – sure! Want to volunteer – why not! Want to help teach at a school – be our guest! Want to participate in business challenges – go for it! It’s this sort of thing that turns a simple (albeit extremely impressive) degree into an employable individual with a personalised skill set and range of experiences. And at the end of the day, that is perhaps the main reason people decide to attend university!

Next post will be next week (I promise!), where I’ll talk about the process of the CIMA Global Business Challenge and the final itself. Wish me luck and see you next time! 🙂

Regan

About Regan

Regan graduated from the University of Leicester and is no longer blogging for this site. (BA Management Studies)

View more posts by Regan

Subscribe to Regan's posts