Another exam diet is round the corner and I’m sure the usual anxiety and trepidation pangs are biting.
If you’re in the upper percentile of those who are super-organized and plan all their studying in advance then kudos to you. But if you’re in the majority who wing it at the last minute, then all is not lost. I believe it is never too late to give it a good adrenaline shot!
- Plan – use the little time left between revision and exam to prioritize your study outline and then get to work.
- Early Bird – try to utilize the earlier hours of the day when you are most fresh to tackle the hard stuff first.
- Practical – try to attempt sample exam questions to put yourself in the right frame of study.
- Distractions – no Play Station, no TV, no Internet … at this crucial stage, they are purely time-wasters.
- Mnemonics – if you can, use them to memorize or adapt mind maps to aid in recall during the exam.
- Potassium Power – to avoid the nasty drawbacks of caffeine, try eating bananas for quick energy.
- Group Think – if you can get organized, rally the study support of other students sitting the same exam.
This lucky 7 is by no means an advocate for last minute study but in the event that you find yourself short for time (with family and work obligations, this can happen), then at least you have a lifeline to success.
Best of luck to all sitting exams in April 2014!