Lost?

If you are like me, you are probably looking back and marvelling at the career choices you have made and how drastically different these have been from what you chose to study in University.

My undergraduate degree is in Computer Science & Business Studies. I am now completing an MBA. I currently work in government administration handling the devolution of e-services within the newly created 47 counties in Kenya. This is a role that entails change management, project management, quality assurance, mentorship and coaching … far removed from my IT background.

For the most part, it has been a steep learning curve full of challenging but rewarding assignments. On the other hand, looking back to my Uni experience, I never imagined I’d be working with such a dynamic and energetic team, not to mention being involved in nation building during such a landmark period for my country.

Yet a few years ago, I was wondering whether I made the right choice taking up the course I did at undergrad level because I could not see how it related to what I was doing then …

… looking back, I can relate to this article about being flexible in your career plans.

Meanwhile, as you digest the article, enjoy the infogram.

Mshai

About Mshai

Mshai graduated from the University and is no longer a blogger. Mshai was a distance-learning MBA student living and working in Nairobi, Kenya.

View more posts by Mshai

Subscribe to Mshai's posts