Nobody Cares If You Fail

Holy time warp, Batman!!! Has it really been a month since I was last seen or heard from? I guess I went full Rousey and pulled a great disappearing act after the debacle of my last assessment.

However, since there was no television tribute lauding my past accomplishments and lamenting my recent face plant, I can assume that my high school history teacher, Doc Egan, was correct when he quipped: “Son, nobody cares if you fail. The sun will still rise somewhere in the world tomorrow; your parents will still love you (though they might not like you very much); and there are at least a few hundred million people who have never heard of you – so nobody cares about your failed test.”

Snapping back to reality, I just got an email today to remind me that my next whipping (read: module examination) will be April 23. I was a bit taken aback, as the exam is usually given on the last weekend of the month. Somehow I felt cheated out of that extra week. However, at this point, I have to look at this as something akin to what you would tell a kid who just scrapped his knee after falling off his bike – you just have to get back on and try again.

Now that I know how much time I have left, I can start working earnestly to prepare for the exam. (Why do I want to insert a corny line about The Importance of Being Earnest here? Honestly, I haven’t opened my book in the aftermath of my last assessment, so it’s time to get busy. I suppose this will be a good gauge of my resolve. And since I am a big ol’ tough guy from New Jersey, you’d better believe I’m not planning on tapping out this go around.

Let’s see what kind of progress I can make by this weekend. If I can manage to read the entire course book (the main book by UofL, not the Collier book), then I should be in pretty good shape. Let’s hope this goes according to plan.

Ismail

About Ismail

Hi, I'm Ismail. I'm an American living abroad while trying to figure out what I want to be when (if) I grow up. I love sports, particularly American football and martial arts, and when I'm not working at one of my four jobs, you will likely find me in the gym lifting really heavy stuff. I'm a distance learning MSc Finance student, and I'll be happy to share my journey with you while trying to maintain some semblance of sanity.

View more posts by Ismail

Subscribe to Ismail's posts