Off to a Good Start

OK…that went better than I had realistically hoped for. I got a sufficient amount of reading in last night, albeit not the way I had planned. The truth of the matter is that by the time I got home from work last night, it was already 9pm. I scarfed down dinner and began to read. Before I knew it, my eyes were crossing, and words were floating across the page.

Much to my chagrin, I tapped out early. I was depressed in my semi-comatose state, and I had more or less given up hope of accomplishing anything meaningful, especially as I had only gotten about 5 pages into the book by that time. However, somehow I woke up at 2am, and I managed to read until 5am. I covered the first three sections in the book, and I found the answer to a question on one of the past papers, though I didn’t have enough time to jot it down.

I figure that if I can replicate that formula two more times, I will effectively finish the required reading and I can then turn my attention to solving the past papers. And of course there is the matter of the papers for my other courses, but that’s easier to manage (I hope). In any event, I came to work this morning decidedly less depressed and a lot more enthusiastic. I can’t say for certain, but I think one of my colleagues saw me looking like this in my office.

gif-dancing-celebrate-celebration-dance-ecstatic-happy-happy-dance-joy-success-woo-hoo-gif

Ismail

About Ismail

Hi, I'm Ismail. I'm an American living abroad while trying to figure out what I want to be when (if) I grow up. I love sports, particularly American football and martial arts, and when I'm not working at one of my four jobs, you will likely find me in the gym lifting really heavy stuff. I'm a distance learning MSc Finance student, and I'll be happy to share my journey with you while trying to maintain some semblance of sanity.

View more posts by Ismail

Subscribe to Ismail's posts