Signs of Life

You ever get caught way off guard? Well, I have a propensity for finding myself in those types of situations because…well, because Murphy’s Law was written specifically with me in mind.

Maybe if I were more in the habit of checking my email, I’d be more aware of due dates in advance of deadlines. I had to submit my ethics application yesterday, and my first thought was: “What’s an ethics application?” I guess it’s essentially a sign that I’ve got to start working on the dissertation now. The proposal is due at the end of October, so I suppose I’ve got to devote an equal amount of attention to that now.

The whole ethics application thing was actually pretty cool. It forced me to start thinking about some things relative to the dissertation that I hadn’t even considered previously. In fact, I have friends on other masters programs in the UK, and the ethics application at U of L is a clear differentiator. It also sets expectations for the level of professionalism masters candidates must uphold during the dissertation. Very cool.

And surprisingly, my application has already been approved, and I’ve been assigned a supervisor already. I must admit that the relative ease and efficiency of submitting the ethics application and gaining the approval has been a psychological boost as I head down the homestretch of this journey.

Now…back to reading the Corporate Finance course book before the calendar changes again.

Ismail

About Ismail

Hi, I'm Ismail. I'm an American living abroad while trying to figure out what I want to be when (if) I grow up. I love sports, particularly American football and martial arts, and when I'm not working at one of my four jobs, you will likely find me in the gym lifting really heavy stuff. I'm a distance learning MSc Finance student, and I'll be happy to share my journey with you while trying to maintain some semblance of sanity.

View more posts by Ismail

Subscribe to Ismail's posts