My Goose is Cooked

Breathe….breathe….slow controlled breaths….

OK, that’s not working. I’ve got less than two weeks until my exam, and then a paper is due the following week. None of this would be quite so stressful if Murphy’s Law didn’t put me in a chokehold. Nothing is going the way I’d planned when the module started. Of course, I do have options. I know that I can fail two modules and still graduate, but honestly….who wants to do that?

I’m seeking better options now. For example, I could approach this with a (to borrow terminology from the Financial Risk Management module) bear spread or a strangle. I mean, I could target a middle-of-the-road mark in both courses and just try to pass them both. On the other hand, my ADD won’t let that happen very easily. I’m not finding the course book very easy to read these days. I’m not sure if that’s because I’m too exhausted to read anything by the time I return home from work, or if it’s because all of the formulae break the flow of reading. In any event, I’ve got to come up with something fast….or my goose will be cooked….or maybe I’ll be a dead duck.

Ismail

About Ismail

Hi, I'm Ismail. I'm an American living abroad while trying to figure out what I want to be when (if) I grow up. I love sports, particularly American football and martial arts, and when I'm not working at one of my four jobs, you will likely find me in the gym lifting really heavy stuff. I'm a distance learning MSc Finance student, and I'll be happy to share my journey with you while trying to maintain some semblance of sanity.

View more posts by Ismail

Subscribe to Ismail's posts