Managing your time at uni

This holiday I’ve been so much busier than I thought I could be. With revision, essays to write, job hunting, organising social events for my maths house, seeing family and trying to start packing to get my stuff back home, I’ve not had that much time available.

However, now I’m back for my final term, and if I thought things were going to get any quieter, I was mistaken. I have about 3 weeks of lectures before the scary scary exam time looms, and in that time there are plenty of projects to be handed in and work to be done. Most modules are made up of a mixture of coursework  with problem sheets and sometimes other projects and pieces of work, and exams. This  term I’m lucky enough to only have one formal exam, so once my class tests, presentations and group projects are out of the way I should be able to concentrate on getting the best mark possible in that one exam.

There is time for some fun though. Last Wednesday, we had the Euler house bowling trip where we got together and took over the bowling alley. I sadly discovered that my bowling skills are terrible as soon as the rails are taken off, and I think I scored more gutter balls than ones where I knocked any pins down at all!

I love spending time with other mathematicians, and it’s such a good opportunity to meet other people from other years. I think we are the only department to have a house system, and whether it’s bowling or other big events or just meeting up for talks from the lecturers about their research, or inter house competitions, it’s really added something different to my time at university.

Jenny

About Jenny

Jenny graduated from the University in Summer 2013.

View more posts by Jenny

Subscribe to Jenny's posts