I completely forgot it’s still holidays

Like a tin of well-known fence paint, this post will be about what the extremely imaginative title suggests. In the midst of (I wish I could say hardcore but that’s definitely pushing it… a lot) revision, I was just thinking about life when I realised, it’s actually still vacation time for the university! With the end of third year drawing, you’ll find that holidays are less for relaxing and more for project/dissertation finishing, not to mention the usual revision for exams.

I haven’t posted for almost a whole month so this only poses questions about my activities over the past four weeks. I spent a lot of time celebrating my birthday (for a good week after) and then proceeded onto hardcore project work for my most enjoyable module – Communicating Maths where I have to complete a detailed reflection on the special project sessions I taught during my school placement. As well as this, you will find that upon your return home for a period longer than 48 hours, then the whole ‘been away at uni’ thing fades and it’s back to the duties you did pre-uni and don’t have a chance to do when (and if) you go home on weekends. I’m talking all of my top five pastimes (hanging out the washing being a possible first…) and a bit of a reality check. It is easy to get caught up in the university bubble and forget that the majority of the non-student population thinks your “early” wake up of 10 am is actually a serious lie-in. Also, there’s the expected meet ups with friends you haven’t seen since Christmas (or maybe even longer!) and this will probably result in a couple to few outings.

That’s two weeks gone and for the past two, I have either been working, revising, working (job working) or (every student’s fave) procrastinating. It’s hard to feel emotional over this exam period being my last when I have five different modules to revise for but I hope you will believe me when I say that I am sad to be leaving soon but more so, feeling more stressed about having exams and a project to do. Anyway, I guess with technically 6 days left of the Easter holidays, I could probably find a few more hours to fit some procrastination in…

Pamela

About Pamela

Pamela graduated from the University of Leicester and is no longer blogging for this site. Pamela was in her third year of university, studying Mathematics with Astronomy. From learning about supermassive black holes to calculating statistical models for big firms, her course really covers anything you could ever imagine that is maths related!

View more posts by Pamela

Subscribe to Pamela's posts