Vision Board – Your summer goals

Aside from the World Cup (which is an absolute thriller by the way), a lot of the summer holidays so far has just been on setting new goals.

One hobby I have is reading. Not fictional books but books on self improvement. One particular concept caught my attention; A Vision Board. Here is how it works:

• Sit down and write some goals you want to achieve over the summer. These goals need to be clearly defined and realistic so your subconscious mind knows EXACTLY what it wants.
  • Print some pictures that have relatable and emotional meaning to your goals. This will ensure the pictures connect with you whenever you see them.
  • Stick all these photos on a large piece of paper.
  • Around the photos, write out an affirmation of your goal. This means write, “I am” then your goal. For example, if your target was “To eat a balanced diet daily”, your affirmation could be, “I am eating healthy meals everyday”. This makes your mind accept the fact that eating a balanced diet is normal, so eventually, it will happen without you really trying to do it.
  • Stick this board on your wall or place it somewhere private if you do not want it to be seen by others. Then just look at it every morning/night for about 5 minutes. You will achieve your goals in no time.

I am a fan of self improvement techniques so if you would like to know more, just let me know, I am happy to share ๐Ÿ™‚

2 responses to “Vision Board – Your summer goals”

1. Nganga

Vision board; Amazing