Make the most of your Reading Week!

Most courses at UOL offer a reading week each term to their students. During this week, there are no lectures are classes. Sounds like your school October holiday right? Well, it could be, but it’s also the best chance you will get for revision before the Christmas holidays. What should you be doing during Reading Week?

• Catch up on notes – All those lectures you missed or needed to go over again, now is the time. Because after Reading Week, you’ll go back into learning new content.

• Practice problem sheets – You are approaching January exams, it’s probably time to look over the questions you will get. And with no lectures on, you will have a lot of time to practice.

• Organise your notes – I don’t know about you guys, but my notes are scattered from the terms lectures. Now is a good time to re-organise them to make your life easier in the future.

• Recharge – Yes, we said this is not a holiday but it’s a great opportunity to catch up with family, get back into your sleep patterns, start your hobbies etc. Use this week to recharge, a fresh start if you will.

If you’re lucky enough to have a reading week, I hope these tips will be of use to you. Let me know if you can think of any other tips.