Reading Week Tips

I count my blessings that Maths get a reading week. For me, they are so useful not just to catch up, but to just chillout for a while. If only February holidays existed for us.

Anyway, what is the point of reading week? To go on holiday? Erm… sure, but here’s how it can actually be productive:

• Read lecture notes – Especially if you have a lot 0f theorems and proofs, this week is an opportunity to familiarise yourself with them and avoid cramming.

• Revisit problem sheets – In my computing module, I completed all problem sheets and felt amazing. The came the exam and I could not redo a single question on the sheets. Revisit them to familiarise yourself with the questions.

• Establish a sleeping pattern – Mine tends to break during the term so use this week to return to your routine. Did you know not using your phone 1 hour before bed increases melotolin (a sleep hormone) which improves your sleep.

These are my reading week tips. Hope you find them useful.