Careers Development Service – You have lifetime support

Did you know that you have lifetime access to the careers service? This applies to you if you are studying or have studied at UOL. But what does this mean?

• Free CV and Application Checks – The service will review you CV or applications content (not spelling/grammar) and give you their feedback. This is a great feature to have during university for part time jobs and even after university for full time work, although be aware, if you are applying for very specialised roles, it might be better to get feedback from a service in that industry.

• Mock Interviews – These are individual appointments to practice for upcoming interviews. This includes face to face interviews, video interviews, role plays and presentations. In my opinion, a useful preparation and confidence builder tool.

• PHD Careers Short Guidance – These are one to one consultations exploring what you want to do after completing your PHD.

• Business Coaching – Work with professionals to discuss initial set up business ideas or an in more depth topic such as financial modelling. This is particularly useful for people looking to start their own business.

Have a look on the MyCareers website to explore what other options are available, I have found the service very helpful when applying for part time Unitemps jobs.

https://mycareers.le.ac.uk/student/appointments.html?execution=e1s1