Things to do on outblock

Phase 2 is the time where everyone is split off into different placements. You get to choose one or two people to go with as your clinical partners, but other than that where you start of is completely random/ This can be a great way to make friends with whom you may have never met through the last 2 and a half years.

Throughout the placements, you will definitely have some time in Leicester and some on outblock. I have my first three blocks in Leicester, however a lot of my friends are placed on outblock. This can range from Peterborough, Kettering, Corby and Northampton.

Although some of these places are quite quiet, many people have been loving their outblock and have found lots of things to do there.

A few things to do include; going to the gym. For some places, gym memberships are inclusive with the accommodation which you are provided with, so this is definitely worth making the most of. Some people have been exploring the city by going to dinner with their groups, bowling and even nights out.

I would say take the opportunity to make friends with the people you’re with as it is a great way to meet new people!

Tamara

About Tamara

Hey everyone! My name’s Tamara and I’m a third year medical student. I love dancing so if there is music playing, I will probably be found dancing around. I will mainly be talking about the interesting experiences the course has given me, as well as some of the amazing events the medical society has run.

View more posts by Tamara

Subscribe to Tamara's posts