4 years in Leicester means it feels like I’ve seen just about everything the city has to offer… Obviously, this not true because it’s a big city, but it means that I’m always looking for new things to do. So, as you’ve probably guessed, that’s what brings me here, to my next blog post, and it’s a gooden!
It’s called ‘Treetop Adventure Golf’, which is a new mini golf place that has opened in Highcross, in town. It has an Amazonian theme, which means it’s like walking into the jungle! The décor is amazing, really making you feel like you’ve walked into a magical place. Whoever designed the interior should be given credit for their attention to detail. From huge fake trees with monkeys in, to real waterfalls, it really has it all.
Treetop Adventure Golf has TWO 18-hole mini golf courses, so is definitely somewhere you could make a day of. We unfortunately only had time to do one course, which was the ‘Ancient Explorer’. The holes were quite simple, because it is tailored to people of all ages, however it’s still great for adults and really fuels the competitive side in you. The course was responsive, so things made noises depending on where you hit the ball, which was very clever. There were a few little surprises along the way, but I’ll let you find those out for yourself!
Some of the things that I loved about Treetop Adventure Golf:
- The décor was my favourite bit of this mini golf place- it really was like walking into the jungle!
- The staff- all extremely friendly and very helpful, making the whole experience enjoyable.
- Free lockers! No one likes carrying their coats and bags around a mini golf course, but despise paying for a cloakroom even more, so free lockers were a small, but great perk.
- Two 18-hole courses! This means that you can either make a proper day of it or do 1 course and go back another day to try out the 2nd. Also, if you get there before midday, you pay for 1 and get the 2nd free! AND, if you pay for both courses as a student, it’s only £11, and you get a free drink… what’s not to like!
- From 5pm they serve pizza! Unfortunately, we went earlier on in the day, but the pizzas are handmade, so I don’t doubt are very nice.
- No need to book, you just turn up and get going! This means that it’s a great thing to do if you’re stuck for plans, or the weather is rubbish (which is very likely), because you don’t have to book!
- You get a sticker if you get a hole in 1… no matter how old you are, it’s impossible to say no to a sticker!
- There’s a photo booth, need I say more!
So, whether you’re the next Tiger Woods, or you don’t know what a golf ball looks like, Treetop Adventure Golf is definitely something you should check out. And hey, if you lose, you can drown your sorrows in pizza and cocktails, so who’s the real winner.
Follow the link below to find out more: