The Moment of Truth

Results Day. A noun phrase that is enough to instil fear in even the most laid back student types and today was results day for the School of Modern Languages.

This year, we found out our results over the internet which was less nerve-wracking than receiving them over the phone last year as it is easier to hide any disappointment if you are alone looking at a computer screen rather than being on the phone to someone else! However, if Facebook is anything to go by, the majority of my friends are very happy with their results as most people I have seen have got 2:1s.

I was pleased with my results as I too got a 2:1 for Second Year which is worth 20% of my degree overall. The Year Abroad is worth 10% and Final Year for language students is worth a massive 70% so fingers crossed with a lot of hard work, I will be able to get a 1st in my degree overall if I do well in Final Year. Now the Year Abroad feels more real than ever as I know that I do not have to stay in Leicester until September for re-sit exams.

Good luck to anyone else waiting on results, I have my fingers crossed for you all!

Jo

About Jo

Jo has now graduated from the University of Leicester.

View more posts by Jo

Subscribe to Jo's posts