July Open Days

If you are a prospective student reading this blog and you attended last Thursday or last Friday’s University Open Day, you may very well have seen me as I was working as a Student Ambassador over the 2 days.

I love my job, seeing as the Open Days were back to back, the ambassadors stayed back in halls on Wednesday and Thursday night which was really good fun. I managed to spend some quality time with my friend Rosanna who is also an ambassador who I didn’t think that I’d see until after our Year Abroad so that was an unexpected blessing!

I was based at the Oadby Student Village which is where the vast majority of our First Year accommodation is located. On Thursday, I was in charge of greeting visitors who had just arrived on coaches from campus and on Friday, I was giving tours around Beaumont Hall. As I was leader of the other ambassadors who were bus greeters, on Thursday I had a walkie-talkie and a clipboard assigned to me. As soon as I come into contact with a walkie-talkie, my inner child emerges and it is a long standing tradition that all ambassadors have animal themed code-names (My one is Lucky Rabbit!)

Both days were gloriously sunny and I came back from Leicester on Friday with a slightly browner face and flip-flop tan lines from standing out in the sunshine. This may well be the last time I’m in Leicester now until after my Year Abroad and it was with a heavy heart that I got on the train home as there are so many things about my second home that I will miss.

Jo

About Jo

Jo has now graduated from the University of Leicester.

View more posts by Jo

Subscribe to Jo's posts

One response to “July Open Days”

1. FAQ about Natural Sciences and a Week in the Life of a Student – University of Leicester

[…] week the university had two open days, which you can read about on Jo’s blog, and having helped out at quite a few of these a lot of the same questions tend to come up. I […]