Back to Student Life!

I’m writing this on a Sunday afternoon from the comfort of my brand new student house! I moved back up to Leicester a week ago and, safe to say, everything has been GO GO GO!

As ever, unloading my boxes and boxes of clothes, stationary and course books required both of my housemates to lend a hand, but I am finally moved in and the house is pretty much everything I expected it to be (give or take a sofa which is due to be delivered this evening).

Our first night in the house together definitely gave us an excuse to celebrate so all three of us wandered down to Bar Dos Hermanos on Queens Road for some delicious tapas. I don’t think I’ve ever seen so much food on one table. We finished the weekend off with a day of shopping. Naturally, I bought more clothes that I don’t need with money I don’t have.

I spent my Monday and Tuesday working for the Students’ Union on Freshers Fair – as I mentioned a while ago, Freshers Fair gives you the chance to sign up with all kinds of societies and student groups. It was such a great atmosphere and over 10,000 students came and went over the course of two days. I was lucky enough to be asked by the Students’ Union to take charge of social media for the event – a big responsibility but enjoyable nonetheless.

It would be fair to say that I’m one of the keenest fourth years ever, even buying a Freshers wristband to guarantee my entry to all of the events. I’ve spent most weeknights over the last 7 days in the O2 Academy, making the most of Week 1’s lecture and seminar free feature!

Speaking of lectures and seminars, timetables have arrived! In all fairness, my timetable could be a whole lot worse…but I can’t say I’m looking forward to 9AMs on Thursdays when the majority of the ULBC (Boat Club) socials take place on Wednesday nights.

It’s been a wonderful week settling back in to Leicester and catching up with so many people that I haven’t seen since before my year abroad has been lovely!

Ciao,

Katie

Katie

About Katie

Katie has now graduated from the University of Leicester. Hola, salut, ciao! I'm Katie and I'm a 4th year European Studies (Spanish and Politics) student. I spent my year abroad teaching in Spain. On top of my studies I love spending time with friends, rowing, shopping, nights out and nights in with rom-coms/plenty of chocolate and, of course, travelling!

View more posts by Katie

Subscribe to Katie's posts