Home for the Holidays

I’m finding it a bit difficult to not speak/write without somehow referencing a Christmas song or movie. It has been years since I’ve been able to enjoy the holidays without having assignments/essays/work/etc. to ruin it. Usually by this time I’m so tired of Christmas related music I scream when someone turns the radio on. Not so this year, and I’ve been to two carol sings already.

Trip four to North America in 2012 certainly went better than the others, although that flight is never going to be anything other than looooong. Still, just getting out of Leicester is a blessing sometimes, as with any university town. And my last week there was very busy with a whole string of duties, some of which (unfortunately) carried over to Canada. Most of them seem to be over with now, so I can justify the fact that I spent this morning having lunch with my uncle and parents and this afternoon baking up a storm in my Mother’s amazing kitchen.

How else do you celebrate the holidays?

Amy

About Amy

Amy has now graduated from the University of Leicester. Hello! I've just begun my third year of a full-time PhD here at Leicester in the Museum Studies department, though I'm originally from Canada. I graduated a few years ago from Leicester with my MA and couldn't wait to return for a doctorate. I am heavily involved in Social Media and manage the SM profile for the Museum Studies PhD Community. Of course, I enjoy weekend trips to museums, when I'm not doing work! I will be blogging about all the wonderful aspects of being a postgraduate student here at Leicester, fond memories of being a Masters student, and hopefully other things of some interest. I promise there won't be too much about museums!

View more posts by Amy

Subscribe to Amy's posts