Returnings

It is January and the first day back to term. Well, for everyone else, since most of my PhD department was back at work on the 2nd. No rest for the wickedly insane academics.

Today is also the first snow fall of the winter. Well, such as that is in England. It means that, unlike Canada, it’s stunningly beautiful outside with thick fat flakes falling gently and covering every surface. There is snow on every leaf of every tree. This is not Canadian snow. And, because this is not Canadian snow, I don’t have to go outside and shovel it. Which makes me very happy indeed. I have no where to be today and only a short list of things to do. Tomorrow, however, will be another story. And it’s supposed to get icy tonight.

It’s the 14th of January already, which I’m having a hard time believing. Albeit I spent the first 6 days horribly sick, so it’s only really the 8th of January for me. The serious work begins next week, so this week is a lot of organising and emailing and a few articles that need to be read. Not terribly difficult at all, but tedious and I hate waiting for people to reply to important messages (especially time sensitive ones).

I also got up unusually early this morning, so despite the fact that it’s just coming noon, it feels like more than half the day should be over. I’m not even hungry for lunch yet. I think I may be back to my usual routine. Finally!

Amy

About Amy

Amy has now graduated from the University of Leicester. Hello! I've just begun my third year of a full-time PhD here at Leicester in the Museum Studies department, though I'm originally from Canada. I graduated a few years ago from Leicester with my MA and couldn't wait to return for a doctorate. I am heavily involved in Social Media and manage the SM profile for the Museum Studies PhD Community. Of course, I enjoy weekend trips to museums, when I'm not doing work! I will be blogging about all the wonderful aspects of being a postgraduate student here at Leicester, fond memories of being a Masters student, and hopefully other things of some interest. I promise there won't be too much about museums!

View more posts by Amy

Subscribe to Amy's posts