Tempus Fugit

My, has it been three weeks already? Where does the time go? [Please, please, don’t answer that.] I can’t believe I’ve not used that post title before. It seems so obvious!

February has felt very long, and yet I can’t believe it’s almost over at the same time. It’s been busy, but not overly so. The weather has made it drag interminably, however. I am very tired of the cold, cloudy gloom. And no obvious change this week! Hopefully, March will bring something different. Just some warmer temps would be nice. If the winds change so they aren’t coming from Norway, we may actually get a Spring.

In other news, March (whatever the weather does) will be very busy! I will be doing fieldwork in three different cities for the month as well as a couple of trips to London for research and training sessions. It should go by even faster and then it will be Easter. I can’t even imagine. For me, Easter means the year is already 1/4 of the way through and that’s a frightening thought considering how much I have to do this year.  The book pile certainly isn’t getting any smaller…

I should have a point to this entry, as this is what this blog is for, but alas, my inspiration has failed me.

Amy

About Amy

Amy has now graduated from the University of Leicester. Hello! I've just begun my third year of a full-time PhD here at Leicester in the Museum Studies department, though I'm originally from Canada. I graduated a few years ago from Leicester with my MA and couldn't wait to return for a doctorate. I am heavily involved in Social Media and manage the SM profile for the Museum Studies PhD Community. Of course, I enjoy weekend trips to museums, when I'm not doing work! I will be blogging about all the wonderful aspects of being a postgraduate student here at Leicester, fond memories of being a Masters student, and hopefully other things of some interest. I promise there won't be too much about museums!

View more posts by Amy

Subscribe to Amy's posts