Planning ahead

Had an interview on monday for a job working at Wimbledon Tennis and also at the Olympics. I worked at  Wimby last year as a housekeeper, not always the most exciting job but definately worth doing as a student and the pay is good.

One mistake I made last year, despite managing to get a job, was saying yes to different holidays without working out how I was going to pay for them. I’ve realised that because I want to do lots of things in the summer i.e. holidays/festivals/ outings then I’ll have to work more and certainly not rely on my overdraft to get me through.

As a student, it may be hard to get a job or know where to apply. The best thing I’ve found is events (such as wimbledon tennis) and staffing- I worked at Bestival last year as well which was a great opportunity (plus I got to see some amazing bands:]).

Oh and I only realised how important it is to update your CV when I was applying for jobs the other day and found out I hadn’t updated mine for over 2 years. I have had lots of jobs here and there since then and although I thankfully could remember what they were and when they happened, it would have saved me a lot of hassle if I had updated it as I’d gone along.

Anyway, there’s just a few thoughts, better get back to revision!

joanna

About joanna

Joanna graduated from the University in Summer 2013 and is no longer blogging for this site.

View more posts by joanna

Subscribe to joanna's posts

3 responses to “Planning ahead”

1. Steven

Hi Joanna

I’m applying for Psychology at Leicester. Whats it like to be a student?