“And now we wait.”

Whilst revising last week, I embarked upon a marathon of the 8 Harry Potter films. Like so many others, I grew up reading the stories and then got hooked on the films. Believe it or not, having them on in the background helps me to focus, because I’ve watched them so many times, just hearing the lines is enough.

As I neared the end of the Prisoner of Azkaban, I was struck by a line spoken by Harry and then echoed by Hermione. “And now we wait.” That is, for now, all that I can do.

Last week, my dream job became advertised on the NHS website and although I’m still waiting to hear back about my Masters, I felt I should grab the opportunity with both hands. So I did. Application complete, some great advice from a friend who works in the same department and afew stressful hours later I was ready to submit it. That took a few days because I can be a bit of a perfectionist, so I was checking and re-checking everything.

And now we wait.

Well, I say that. What I mean is now, I throw myself into revision to get the best marks possible in my finals so that I can actually have the job. So I’d better get back to it! But I’ll keep you posted!

Sarah

About Sarah

Sarah graduated from University in Summer 2012 and is no longer blogging for this site.

View more posts by Sarah

Subscribe to Sarah's posts