Happy 1st of December guys!
It’s official. The Christmas countdown is on.
Although this is meant to be the happiest time of the year, it can also be quite stressful with deadlines looming and the dreaded January exams around the corner. But, remember that it is completely okay to take a break from the books and join in on the festive cheer!
Here is a list of all the Christmassy activities happening in or around the University for the next couple of weeks:
- The Santa Run – 2nd December 9:45am. Grab your running shoes and Santa hat and join in on this fun run taking place at Victoria Park this Sunday! If you fancy popping along, then the meeting place is outside the Charles Wilson Building
- Guildhall Christmas Craft Fair – 2nd December – Fancy grabbing some cute, and unique Christmas gifts? Then head over to the Guildhall this Sunday!
- Christmas on Campus – 6th and 7th December 10am – Centenary Square. Festive nibbles, Christmas carols, and a farmers’ market? What more could you ask for?!
- Christmas Wheel of Light – Jubilee Square – Open until 7th of January. Hop onto the wheel to see some dazzling views of Leicester City Centre! Tickets start at £4 for concessions and £5 for adults. Definitely something you need to do at least once!
- Jubilee Square Christmas Rink – 6th December to 6th of January. If you’re nothing like me (as in, you actually have some type of co-ordination) then this is something you would enjoy. Grab some skates and all your mates for a fun filled 45 minutes on ice! Ticket prices vary so head over to this website for some more info: https://www.visitleicester.info/whats-on/jubilee-square-ice-rink-p725121
- Christmas in the Gardens – Cathedral Gardens – 13th December to 22 December. An interactive installation that is bursting with Christmas Cheer. Head on over to witness the magical atmosphere, away from the hustle n bustle of the City Centre.
- Global Café: Christmas – 20th December – 5pm until 7pm. If you’re still around and are wanting some company or to engage in some Christmas activities then hit up the first floor of the Charles Wilson building for some festive cheer!
There ya have it folks!
See you all on the flipside!