Discovering the Leicestershire countryside

I had a lovely visit from my Dad at the weekend and he left me in charge of planning the day. I knew I wanted to get away from the stress of university work and so I decided to listen to the recommendation from my friend who lives in Leicester and visited Bradgate park. As a lover of the countryside and considering my Dad was bringing his dog with him this seemed like the perfect idea. And it was indeed! The place is absolutely beautiful. We enjoyed a walk over the top of the park which gave us lovely views. We then had lunch in the little tearoom (their lemon cake is wonderful!) and strolled alongside the river where we saw lots of deer (see pictures below). It was of course made perfect by the gorgeous weather, but I think the park can be enjoyed rain or shine. I think it would look particularly magnificent in the snow!

The day started out quite misty but we still got a good view. Here is Millie taking it all in.

The sun came out! This really shows the beauty of the place.

We got very close to the deer.

Me and Millie enjoying the sunshine.

It is amazing that such a beautiful and peaceful place exists just 8 miles out of the bustling city. The day really helped me to relax as it took my mind off work and allowed me to enjoy a calm and quiet environment. I really recommend giving it a visit! Here is a link to the website.

Olivia W

About Olivia W

I am Olivia and I study sociology. I am originally from Southampton but now live in the beautiful countryside of Norfolk. As well as being sociologically based my blogs will often surround topics such as the music industry, life as an identical twin and my life here at university.

View more posts by Olivia W

Subscribe to Olivia W's posts