Hello all!

Hello! I’m Karolina and I have just finished my second year as a Spanish and English student, which, so far, has been an amazing experience! I’m very honoured to have been chosen to represent my University by writing this blog, and I really hope to give you a good insight into my life as I will extent my journey to another land – Spain! Although I have not quite decided whether I will attend University or whether I will be teaching English as a foreign language, I know I will be doing this in gorgeous Andalucía, in southern Spain (I’m hoping for a good tan!).

My family originates from Poland, but have settled in a small village in Kent. So for me, the step of moving from countryside to a big city was enormous. I stared in confusion as people told me Leicester was relatively small, but I quickly settled in very well! Everyone here is very friendly and although it can seem vast for someone like me, who comes from a smaller place, settling in is made easy when the community is so especially welcoming. Although I have revered the experience of living in Halls, I’ve found second year to be even more fun! I enjoyed living with my much loved friends and they really made me feel like part of a ‘uni family’. The atmosphere was even more homely than in my first year. And that’s why I’m all the more sad to leave them behind and begin my year abroad; as exciting as it is, I will be missing them a lot! But we pledged to Skype and speak a lot, so hopefully that will ease my way into living so far from family, friends and of course my beloved dog, Indie!

Me with my lovely housemates

Karolina

About Karolina

Hello, my name is Karrie and I’m a third year Modern Languages student. I love animals, books and all things vintage!

View more posts by Karolina

Subscribe to Karolina's posts