In honour of Facebook’s friendship day, I thought that I’d write a blog post about the friends that I’ve made during my Erasmus.
So far I’ve been blessed with amazing friends. Before I came on my Erasmus, one of the things that I was afraid of is that I might not make new friends, and if I did, they won’t be as great as the friends that I left behind in England. But I was wrong. I have made amazing lifelong friends during the last 5 months. Friends that I love and adore. So in order to show you how wonderful my friends are, I decided to write a list (you know I love my lists) of 5 things I love the most about my new friends:
- They are up for just about anything – from having brunch on Saturday morning to hiking in the black forest. My friends are always up for an adventure and trying something new. This is good because it makes me more excited about trying new things as well.
- Most of them are Erasmus and year abroad students, which means that they come from a variety of places around the world. Places I get to visit later in life. So now I have people to visit in Austria, Spain, Germany, Albania, Malaysia, Korea, Texas, Canada, Cambridge and so many more places. I now have a reason to visit all these places, and I don’t have to pay for accommodation!! Yeah friends!!
- Spending time with them always makes me happy – No matter what mood I’m in, whether I’m stressed or annoyed or angry at something, my friends know how to make me feel better about whatever life throws at me. They support me through the good and the bad.
- Shopping – I love shopping with my friends. It’s never just an hour or two as planned but it always turns into a whole day event. We end up having lunch between shops, then trying everything on in the shops, then having coffee and desserts, then back to shopping before heading home at the same time as the shops are closing. Even when I don’t buy anything, I still have a good time.
- Learning new things from them – whether it’s the odd Japanese phrase, or how to be more patient. Spending time with my friends makes me a better person. They encourage me to be a better version of myself through everything that they (consciously or unconsciously) teach me.
I love my friends.