Christmas Down Under!

Sorry for the spam of blogs, but I haven’t had wifi recently so haven’t been able to upload anything until now…

So, I just spent Christmas in 37 degree heat, and let me tell you it was WEIRD! It’s no secret to anyone who knows me that I LOVE Christmas, I will happily indulge in Christmas songs and movies all year round, so having Christmas in the middle of summer was very weird for me.  I had a really good day spent in the sun, pool and at the beach – yup, I went in the sea on Christmas day and it was very surreal, and I even chucked a shrimp on the barbie! However, for me, Christmas just doesn’t work in summer, I have literally never felt less festive which put a bit of a downer on my day.  Now this is probably a combination of the fact that my family flew home on Christmas morning and that I am weirdly obsessed with the traditional idea of Christmas, but everything just felt a bit strange.  I am just treating it as a new experience though, one that I am likely to never do again as I am determined to make sure all my future Christmases happen in the Northern Hemisphere in the beautifully cold winter.  It is cool to be able to say that I’ve had a summer Christmas though, even if I won’t be doing it again any time soon.

I hope you have a fab New Year, bring on 2019!!